Sunday, March 30, 2008

7 months!!!

We went and got pictures done today. I meant to do these at 6 months, but I didn't get around to it. We went to Portrait Innovations. For those of you that have one of these in your town they are great. Very affordable and you only have to buy a few of them and then they give you the CD with all the pictures they took. I'm not a fan of some of the backgrounds they chose, but you can do the neutral ones and they look lots better. Here's a few of my favorites:


Cute little laugh...

Acting goofy...

Sweet little smile...

I don't like the background at all in this picture. We didn't order any of these, but I just loved his big smile in it. I wish it would have been on a normal background...

"Do you seriously think you are fooling people with the fake beach background? Even I know this isn't real!"

The beginning of the big fall that ended the photo session...


Our little man turned 7 months old on Friday! And oh what fun we have been having lately. Here's all that Aiden has been doing:
1. Rolling all over the place. He is one active little boy. The days of just putting him somewhere and he stays there till we move him are over.
2. Teething.......two words come to mind-Not Fun! Some people tell me that when their babies were teething they never even knew it. Well not this guy! His two bottom teeth have come in and he has let us know about it all.
3. Loves to go on stroller rides. He is so content when riding in his stroller. Now that the weather is nice hopefully we can go on lots of walks.
4. Loves to eat (I don't see that ever changing). His favorites are still sweet potato and pears, still not a green fan.
5. Loves Hercules and Boo. He can sit and stare at them forever, which is good for us.
6. He still loves his sleep, but he is an EARLY bird. We try to put him down around 7-7:30, but some nights it's later depending on what's going on. It doesn't matter what time we put him down. though, he usually always wake up around 5:30. We might have to be changing that soon.
7. Loves to talk. Some mornings I hear him in his crib just talking away. It's pretty funny. We swear he's saying "Dada" and "hey". Like if he's looking at you and you're not looking at him he'll say, "hey". I promise.
8. Definitely knows how to pull one over on us already. Last weekend we were traveling and he had been in his car seat for a while. Well he decided he was sick of being in there so he started throwing a fit. When I could finally take him out of his car seat he just started laughing! There was nothing wrong with him, he just wanted out of that thing!


Well it has been a long 5 months since the first day I dropped Aiden off at daycare. But I am happy to say that in two weeks those days will be over!!!! That's right, I'm staying at home with the little guy. I feel like every week he is changing and I just want to be there for it. I can't stand the thought of missing out on anything. We have been praying about it and everything has just fallen into place. I feel so blessed. So only two more Monday's of waking up at 4:45. I'm definitely going to have to teach Aiden how to sleep in...

10 comments:

The Walkers said...

Love the new pictures!!! He is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

His smile is so cute!
Love, Kristy

rachel said...

Love the new pictures! He is too precious! I am so excited that you will be able to stay home with him very soon-that is wonderful!!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

that is wonderful you will be able to stay home. what a blessing! he is so cute!

The Harringtons said...

Julie I am so glad you can stay home now! You will have so much fun with him! He is just too cute for words!

Corbin said...

I love the new pics! I think the cheesy backgounds are great!!! Now he will fit in with all of us 80's kids! you know we all have the pics with the fake stuff in the back!!! At least you know its cheesy our parents thought they were GREAT!!! But they are really cute pics! I love his smile!!!! JA has started screaming in his bed and when we go in he just smiles!!!! How fast they learn!!!! I am so happy that you are getting to stay home!!! now we can blog and email all day long!!! yeah right! my husband thinks that since I stay home thats all I do! the day is filled with poop throwup and a few smiles!!!! But I am loving it and so will you congrats!!! okay sorry for the long coment!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Julie! He is getting so big! Sounds like he has lots of his momma in him! I can't wait to see you guys! Love, MST

julia said...

I love these pictures! The beach ones look like Gilligan's Island. It might be funny to order some of those and pull them out when he goes to college.

The Ward Family said...

he is growing so fast! it sounds like we missed each other in NLR over Easter Weekend...we really need to plan these things better :)
He so handsome and I know he is excited that you are going to be staying home with him...its so much fun...well, most of the days ;)

Meredith said...

Aidan is just adorable! He has a great smile.

Congratulations on getting to stay home! You will be completely blessed by being with him every day.