Aiden turned 11 months old.......
Yes, we are all pretty shocked that he is almost a year old!!!!
But don't worry, he's still pretty laid back about getting older. It doesn't seem to faze him much.
Just as long as you give the boy some food he doesn't care what day of the week it is!!!
He has been having some crazy hair lately. I'm hoping he makes it to his first birthday before we have to give him a haircut. Jonathan just thinks we can do the "comb over" and I told him our son isn't 80 years old!
We definitely need to do some baby proofing around here. Aiden is into EVERYTHING!
I can't believe Aiden will be 1 this month. He has been doing some of the funniest things lately. He has us laughing constantly. Here are some things he is doing (I have to write them down here so I'll remember since I'm not doing a good job keeping his baby book up!)....
1. We've been giving him a lot of table food lately and he seems to like anything we give him. (I know that's a big shock). We still give him baby food, but we also try to give him whatever we are eating.
2. Trying to get him off the bottle.........it's NOT easy though. I guess it's like everything else, with time he will get used to it. He has three bottles a day and his first two I have been giving him them in a sippy cup and he's doing better taking them, but at night I'm still giving him his formula in a bottle. He'll drink water or juice out of a sippy cup all day long, it's the formula that's taking time getting used to.
3. As you saw in the earlier post, he's walking now. He started this around 10 and a half months and has only gotten faster and braver since then. He is all over the place. It's crazy because he started walking at the exact same age Jonathan did. Which brings me to...
4. He's definitely a daddy's boy! I've been trying to convince myself this whole time that he was a momma's boy, but I was only fooling myself. He loves his daddy, which I love.
5. Remember the gate picture? Well now Aiden thinks it's hilarious to put his toys under the gate and watch it them all fall down the stairs. It's all fun and games until someone falls down the stairs because they slip on a ball.
We love you so much Aiden and feel so blessed that God gave us the privilege of being your parents. You have the best little personality and we never knew we could love someone so much. Thanks for bringing us so much joy.
Also, last Wednesday was Jonathan's birthday! He celebrated the big 2-9! His last year in the 20's. Jonathan had to work, but Aiden and I met him at Panera Bread for lunch. Then that night we had our bible study, but I brought his favorite cake (Baskin Robbins) to group so we could all celebrate. We love you so much Jonathan and I thank God for you everyday. I'm so glad that Aiden has a daddy like you to look up to. I love how he loves you so much, it's an easy thing to do.
This picture was taken last week. I was surprised Aiden stayed still long enough for me to get it because he never stays still for a long time. Let alone in anyones lap. Like I said before, though, he loves his daddy.
This was the only other picture I could find with Aiden in Jonathan's lap. This was when Aiden was about 3 weeks old. It doesn't even look like the same baby. I just love my guys...