Sunday, September 21, 2008

Get ready......



because I have a LOT of catching up to do.  I'm sure you've all been wondering where we've been these last fews weeks and why we weren't blogging!   Let me catch you up on what we've been doing and then I'll show you pictures (I know the pictures are way more exciting).  Well since I last posted Aiden got the stomach bug and was throwing up for about 4-5 days (it was so sad), then we went to the beach with Jonathan's family (lots of pics from that), then we got back from the beach last weekend and this week Aiden got sick again!  This time with a virus that caused him to have a really high temperature and sores in his mouth and tongue that looked like cold sores.  So he wasn't eating again because of that.  Why does Aiden keep getting sick you ask....well I started him at Mother's Day Out at our church 2 days a week.  I guess it's just going to take some time for him to get used to being around a lot of kids again.  Hopefully (I'm praying) that this is just building up his immune system!!!  So I'm picking up from where I left off the last time I blogged.  I'll take you back to the last week of August......(just play along with me so I don't feel so bad about being 3 weeks behind on blogging)....

That week we celebrated my birthday by going out to eat at Chili's.   Jonathan's parents were in town for Aiden's big b-day party that weekend.  Ron was taking the picture so that's why he wasn't in it.  
The next day was AIDEN'S big day.  Since his birthday fell on a Thursday this year we just did something small on his actual birthday and saved the big party for the weekend.  He looks a little confused in this picture.
We gave him a cupcake for his birthday since we were saving the big cake for the party
Birthday guy!!!
Tearing into the cupcake
This is good....

So I decided it was time for a much needed haircut for Aiden and his first b-day was the perfect time to do it.
It had gotten so long

So off to get his haircut when went.  He was so excited when we got there....
 And then the fun begun......."You're doing what????"
"I don't think so!!!!"
Everything is always better in daddy's lap or with a comb in your mouth!
Such a big boy getting his first hair cut
The result......so handsome!  And made me realize he's not a little boy anymore!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome back!!! :) I hate that Aiden has been sick, Eli's had a high fever too this weekend...back to the doctor we go!!! MDO is nice, but this getting sick all the time is not!!! I hope he gets to feeling better soon! His new haircut is too precious!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness--what a handsome little boy! No baby left there. :) I still haven't cut Thomas' mop! :)