Friday, September 28, 2007
One month appointment
Aiden had his one month appointment this morning. I can't believe one month has already gone by. He is up to 8 pounds and 12 ounces! He almost gained one whole pound in 2 weeks. I'm so proud of him. His height was up to 21.3 inches. He has been such an easy baby so far. What a blessing he has been to our family.
So far these are the things Aiden can do.....
1. Eat! He has no problem with this (just like his momma). He has been going every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and has stretched it out to almost 5-6 hours at night!
2. Which brings me to.....he loves to sleep. He has been a great sleeper so far. Also just like his momma! He sleeps about 18-20 hours a day. I can't say the same for myself, though.
3. He has rolled over twice in his bed. I'm not sure if it was because he was really upset or that he's already so advanced. I'm going to go with already so advanced!
4. He loves the outdoors. When he is fussy we can just take him outside and he'll calm down. He's definitely going to be an outdoorsy kind of guy!
5. He's a big fan of his swing. That is another great way to calm him down if he's fussy.
These are the things I have learned so far.......
1. There is nothing on earth you can love as much as your child (well except God). I love being Aiden's mom.
2. When attempting to take your baby on an outing you can count on them going to the bathroom right when you walk in the store.
3. It's better having help when taking them on their first outing. That way you don't feel so overwhelmed.
4. Actually it's better having help for the first few weeks with EVERYTHING! House work, cooking, cleaning.....you name it, you'll need help with it.
5. Sleep when the baby is sleeping. I have not done a good job with this because it's hard for me to go back to sleep after I wake up, but this is something I wish I would have done when the evening rolls around.
We love you so much Aiden!