Saturday, September 8, 2007

We're back!!! And here's where it all started....

Jonathan and I waiting to go back to my room (5:30 am)

Patiently witing for Aiden's arrival (8:30 am)

1st Family Photo (11:25 am)

Jonathan bringing Aiden from the OR to the nursery

The first time I got to hold him!


Well we're finally back and connected to the real world! As you read in the previous post, we did have a pipe bust in our upstairs guest rooom/bathroom on our second night home with Aiden. It was a mess to say the least. It is getting cleaned up slowly, but surely though.
All that aside, everything is going well. I'm sure by now you have all heard about the day Aiden arrived. I'll give you the short version in case you haven't. We arrived at the hospital around 5:30 am for me to be induced. They started me on the patosin around 8:00 and everything was going smoothly. Around 10:45 when my nurse came to check on me they couldn't find Aiden's heart beat. They kept turning me from side to side to find it and all these nurses were running in. It was crazy and scary. It came back, but was pretty low, By now my doctor was there and decided we needed to go ahead and do the c-section. Aiden just wasn't handling my contractions very well. I was pretty scared but trying to hold it together still. About 15 minutes after all this Aiden was here. I only got to see him once that afternoon because he was grunting alot. Since he was a c-section baby he still had fluid on his lungs. They wanted to keep him in the nursery and just observe him. Jonathan was great the whole time running back and forth from the nursery to my room giving me updates on him. He even video taped him so I could see what he was doing in the nursery. It was hard not getting to see him, but I was so out of it from all the medication they gave me that it was probably a good thing they were watching him in the nursery. That next morning they brought him in at 4:30 to see us. It was the best way to wake up. It was so good to see him. He is just so precious and it was so good to have him in my arms.
He has been doing well so far at home. My mom was here for a while and helped me, but she had to leave on Tuesday. Of course that was very hard because she had been SOOOO much help. Jonathan's mom is coming in today to help us. Aiden has been sleeping pretty good through the night. The last few nights he has only woken up twice! Thank the Lord. He has been such a blessing to us.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Sorry about the scare, but very happy you both came out of it ok. Sounds like Aidan is being a good boy for you, sleeping so well! Julie, hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Congratulations again you guys! He's beautiful.